Celebrities

People Who Helped Shape The Cannabis Industry: Ed Rosenthal People Who Helped Shape The Cannabis Industry: Ed Rosenthal People Who Helped Shape The Cannabis Industry: Ed Rosenthal People Who Helped Shape The Cannabis Industry: Ed Rosenthal

The name Ed Rosenthal has become synonymous with world-class marijuana cultivation wisdom and techniques.

People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rafael Mechoulam People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rafael Mechoulam People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rafael Mechoulam People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rafael Mechoulam

Rafael Mechoulam is one of the most influential, yet least publicized, figures in the contemporary cannabis space.

People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rick Simpson People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rick Simpson People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rick Simpson People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Rick Simpson

Rick Simpson is a medical marijuana patient with a profound story to share.

People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Jorge Cervantes People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Jorge Cervantes People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Jorge Cervantes People Who Helped Shape the Cannabis Industry: Jorge Cervantes

Jorge Cervantes is one of the most recognizable names in cannabis cultivation.

The Story Behind Whoopi & Maya's Specialty Cannabis Products for Women The Story Behind Whoopi & Maya's Specialty Cannabis Products for Women The Story Behind Whoopi & Maya's Specialty Cannabis Products for Women The Story Behind Whoopi & Maya's Specialty Cannabis Products for Women

Canna-innovators Whoopi Goldberg and Maya Elisabeth teamed up to develop a specialty line just for women’s menstruation cycles and not only...

Tweed's Artist in Residence: Ezra Soiferman Tweed's Artist in Residence: Ezra Soiferman Tweed's Artist in Residence: Ezra Soiferman Tweed's Artist in Residence: Ezra Soiferman

Ezra Soiferman's longstanding fascination with cannabis has translated into a unique role within the industry as the first...

Jim McAlpine Clears the Air on Cannabis Jim McAlpine Clears the Air on Cannabis Jim McAlpine Clears the Air on Cannabis Jim McAlpine Clears the Air on Cannabis

An advocate of cannabis for all the right reasons, 420 Games founder Jim McAlpine is on a mission to promote the fact that marijuana can be...

Baking a Fool of Myself: Cannabis Cooking Shows Baking a Fool of Myself: Cannabis Cooking Shows Baking a Fool of Myself: Cannabis Cooking Shows Baking a Fool of Myself: Cannabis Cooking Shows

Everyone wanted a piece of Watermelon after her infamous arrests for gingersnap trafficking. To help calm the storm, she produced a cooking...

The Strain Hunters: Loss,  Legacy, and Landraces The Strain Hunters: Loss,  Legacy, and Landraces The Strain Hunters: Loss,  Legacy, and Landraces The Strain Hunters: Loss,  Legacy, and Landraces

Strain Hunters Arjan Roskam and Franco Loja were on a seemingly unstoppable roll. A single mosquito changed that.

Highest Comic Standing: Ryan Bourassa Highest Comic Standing: Ryan Bourassa Highest Comic Standing: Ryan Bourassa Highest Comic Standing: Ryan Bourassa

Ryan Bourassa, a 28-year-old stand-up comedian currently performing open-mic nights in Las Vegas, went from being a straight-edge most of...

Watermelon's Cover Girl Aspirations: From Selling Pot on Wreck Beach to Gracing the Cover of Magazines Watermelon's Cover Girl Aspirations: From Selling Pot on Wreck Beach to Gracing the Cover of Magazines Watermelon's Cover Girl Aspirations: From Selling Pot on Wreck Beach to Gracing the Cover of Magazines Watermelon's Cover Girl Aspirations: From Selling Pot on Wreck Beach to Gracing the Cover of Magazines

When I was a young woman of 20, my big dream was to get on the cover of a cannabis magazine. The one I had my eye on was the No. 1...

Pepper and Less Than Jake: How Cannabis Inspires Their Art Pepper and Less Than Jake: How Cannabis Inspires Their Art Pepper and Less Than Jake: How Cannabis Inspires Their Art Pepper and Less Than Jake: How Cannabis Inspires Their Art

Cannabis is about more than just cultivation and medication: it has a culture all its own. For this issue of Hydrolife, Mary Otte decided...

Baking a Fool of Myself: Gluten-free Edibles Baking a Fool of Myself: Gluten-free Edibles Baking a Fool of Myself: Gluten-free Edibles Baking a Fool of Myself: Gluten-free Edibles

Watermelon shares one of the gluten- and dairy-free recipes that has helped her pursue healthier habits.

Ross Rebagliati's Gold: How an Olympic Scandal Changed Cannabis Perceptions Ross Rebagliati's Gold: How an Olympic Scandal Changed Cannabis Perceptions Ross Rebagliati's Gold: How an Olympic Scandal Changed Cannabis Perceptions Ross Rebagliati's Gold: How an Olympic Scandal Changed Cannabis Perceptions

At the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympic Games, Canadian snowboarder Ross Rebagliati became the first ever to win a gold medal in men’s...

Baking a Fool of Myself: Capturing a Moment Baking a Fool of Myself: Capturing a Moment Baking a Fool of Myself: Capturing a Moment Baking a Fool of Myself: Capturing a Moment

Prior to selling watermelon slices and pot cookies on Wreck Beach, Watermelon learned everything she needed to know about food and business...

California Dreaming: Why the Golden State Said Yes to Cannabis California Dreaming: Why the Golden State Said Yes to Cannabis California Dreaming: Why the Golden State Said Yes to Cannabis California Dreaming: Why the Golden State Said Yes to Cannabis

Sharon Letts examines what the future holds for the cannabis industry in California and beyond.

Baking a Fool of Myself: Cookies are Sweet. Victory is Sweeter. Baking a Fool of Myself: Cookies are Sweet. Victory is Sweeter. Baking a Fool of Myself: Cookies are Sweet. Victory is Sweeter. Baking a Fool of Myself: Cookies are Sweet. Victory is Sweeter.

In her latest column, Watermelon explains how she fought the law and won. She also shares a recipe that got her into trouble in the first...

A Sample from Ed Rosenthal's Big Book Of Buds Greatest Hits A Sample from Ed Rosenthal's Big Book Of Buds Greatest Hits A Sample from Ed Rosenthal's Big Book Of Buds Greatest Hits A Sample from Ed Rosenthal's Big Book Of Buds Greatest Hits

Compiled and edited by Ed Rosenthal, these noteworthy varieties are the cream of the crop and have made gardening easier and results more...

Baking a Fool of Myself: Life on Wreck Beach was Golden Baking a Fool of Myself: Life on Wreck Beach was Golden Baking a Fool of Myself: Life on Wreck Beach was Golden Baking a Fool of Myself: Life on Wreck Beach was Golden

The early days on Wreck Beach were sun-filled and idyllic. Then came the arrest. Through the uncertainty, Watermelon found love and support...