Are there lighter carbon filters available for indoor gardening?
Exhaust fans and carbon filters are heavy pieces of indoor gardening equipment. Before you purchase a lighter filter, please keep in mind there is a certain amount of active carbon required to adequately filter a given garden space. In other words, there is no way to significantly reduce the amount of carbon, which affects the weight of the filter, without reducing the performance of the filtration system. If a 10-inch by 39-inch filter is required for your garden space, there is little you can do to reduce the weight of the filter. However, there are specific carbon filter stands that would solve your problem with the drywall. Carbon filter stands are sturdy metal stands that can be adjusted to be the desired height within a growroom. Carbon filter stands can be purchased at your local indoor gardening retailer.
More Q&As from our experts
- How Can I Clone My Best-Producing Bell Pepper Plant?
- If I grow hot peppers and tomatoes in my growroom, should the nutrient water be separate systems? I don’t want spicy tomatoes
- As the liquid fertilizer gets used up how can I maintain the right levels of nutrients in it?
Don't Miss the Latest News From Maximum Yield!
Stay on top of new content from MaximumYield.com. Join our email newsletter and get the latest grow tips in your inbox every week.
- Free Webinar: Beyond the Test: How to ensure proper cannabis remediation from lab to shelf
- Free Webinar: Beyond the Test: How to ensure proper cannabis remediation from lab to shelf | Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 1:00 PM (EST)
- Upcoming Free Webinar: Beyond the Test: How to ensure proper cannabis remediation from lab to shelf | Wednesday, February 19 at 1PM (ET)
- Take our grower survey for a chance to win a $500 Visa giftcard!
- Free Webinar | Grow Smarter: Technology Advances in Agriculture | November 28, 2018 @ 10:00 AM PST